Miami Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy in Miami at Icon Medical Centers
At Icon Medical Centers in Miami, Florida, we help patients recover from a variety of injuries including automobile and on-the-job accidents. Physical therapy at our Miami office combined with medication or surgery is often the key to helping our patients regain their previous level of activity.
If you’ve been injured or have a condition that causes you pain or decreases your mobility, physical therapy is often a crucial part of your treatment and recovery plan. Physical therapy rehabilitates damaged or weak muscles, ligaments and tendons to decrease pain and help you regain strength and improve your flexibility. Our Miami office has well-trained and skilled physical therapists ready to help our patients work toward recovery.
Call our Miami Chiropractic office today at (305) 858-8845 or email us your appointment request.
Contact Our Office Today!
- Chiropractor Miami
- Chiropractor Brickell
- Chiropractor Hollywood
- Chiropractor Downtown Miami
- Chiropractor Little Havana
- Chiropractor Coral Gables
- Chiropractor Pembroke Pines
- Chiropractor Miami Beach
- Chiropractor Miami Lakes
- Chiropractor North Miami
- Chiropractor Kendall
- Chiropractor Miramar
- Chiropractor Pompano Beach
- Chiropractor Doral
- Chiropractor Hialeah
- Chiropractor North Miami Beach
- Chiropractor Aventura
- Chiropractor Little Havana
Conditions We Treat With Physical Therapy
Our Miami physical therapists are able to treat a variety of injuries and illnesses. Some of the conditions we successfully treat with physical therapy at our Miami office include:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Sports-related injuries such as ACL tears and meniscus tears
- Repetitive stress and overuse injuries such as plantar fasciitis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis and other diseases that affect mobility
What Does Physical Therapy Entail?
Everyone’s physical therapy program is different. The talented therapists at Icon Medical Centers in Miami will tailor your physical therapy program around you in order to meet your needs and respect your limits while continuing to challenge you and help you regain your strength and mobility.
Some of the components of your physical therapy plan may include:
- Stretching exercises to increase flexibility
- Core exercises or resistance exercises to increase strength
- Walking exercises to improve balance, coordination and your ability to bear weight
Your Miami physical therapist is also likely to develop a home-based exercise routine so that you can continue to work on these skills in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
One of the goals of your physical therapy program will be to reduce the pain and swelling associated with your illness or injury, and the therapists at our Miami office use a number of traditional methods along with some that rely on state-of the-art technology.
Hot and cold therapy, manual therapy such as massage therapy and Chiropractic care, ultrasound therapy and electrical stimulation therapy may all be a part of your overall physical therapy plan.
Physical Therapy in Miami, FL
Whether an individual is injured in an automobile accident, at work or while participating in any type of physical activity, including sporting events, Icon Medical Centers in Miami provides residents with numerous services that are designed to help them as they move through the recovery process. Furthermore, the physicians and physical therapists at Icon Medical Centers assist individuals who have chronic medical conditions that affect their mobility and/or cause them pain.
The Goal of Physical Therapy
Physical therapy sessions help individuals strengthen the parts of their bodies that are injured. Physical therapy also improves or restores their range of motion. In addition, therapy can assist with pain management, prevent permanent damage and avoid recurring problems. At Icon Medical Centers in Miami, our physicians and physical therapists work together to create each of our patients a custom physical therapy program. The goal of each customized physical therapy treatment plan is to assist our patients in returning to their daily activities free of pain and with an improved range of motion.
The Role of the Physical Therapist
Our physical therapists are dedicated to assisting patients as they recover from their injuries, from surgery or as they receive treatment for a condition that affects an individual’s mobility. Each of the therapists at Icon Medical Centers in Miami have the skills, experience and compassion necessary to provide patients with the exceptional care they need. Our therapists teach our patients the stretches, exercises and techniques that will help them as they recover from an injury or as they receive treatment for a chronic medical condition.
Benefits of a Customized Physical Therapy Program
Each of our patients is unique, which is why we create a physical therapy program that is designed to meet his or her specific needs. By tailoring physical therapy programs for each specific patient, we can assist them as they work toward regaining their previous level of functionality. Moreover, physical therapy sessions encourage patients to maintain an active lifestyle, which can prevent further injury, help him or her remain mobile as well as improve an individual’s overall health and well-being.
Maintaining Mobility is Vital to Remaining Independent
Without mobility, it is almost impossible to remain independent. In fact, implementing just a walking routine can substantially decrease the risk of having a heart attack or a stroke. Furthermore, walking regularly keeps the leg muscles strong; thus, reducing the risk of a fall. Remaining active also helps prevent obesity. The American Journal of Public Health states that among Americans who are 45 to 64 years of age, at least 20 percent of deaths are linked to obesity. Hence, the prevention of obesity is crucial.
Physical Therapy is Considered a Conservative Approach
Many times, at the first sign of an issue, primary care physicians refer patients to Icon Medical Centers in Miami for physical therapy.
Here are some of the reasons that physical therapy is frequently a physician’s first choice of treatment, physical therapy may:
- Reduce the likelihood that a patient will need surgical intervention.
- Improve the patient’s mobility, balance and reduce his or her recovery time.
- Reduce or eliminate a patient’s pain.
- Prevent or help an individual recover from a sports injury.
- Help manage heart and lung disease, vascular conditions, women’s health, age-related issues, and diabetes.
Common Conditions the Physical Therapists at Icon Medical Centers in Miami Treat
There are numerous injuries and health conditions that physical therapy can address at the Miami branch of Icon Medical Centers, some of which include:
- Back pain and neck pain
- Shoulder injuries, sports-related injuries
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Issues related to balance and coordination
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Foot and hand injuries
- Fractures and sprains/strains
- Chronic medical conditions (multiple sclerosis, etc.)
- Pelvic pain
- Knee injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Traumatic brain injury and stroke
Physical Therapy Techniques Available at Icon Medical Centers in Miami
We have a variety of physical therapy techniques available that we can incorporate into a patient’s treatment plan.
These techniques include:
- Joint mobilization – to reestablish proper movement or unlock a joint that is unable to move.
- Soft tissue massage/Mobilization – to release spasming or tight muscles.
- Spinal mobilization – specific techniques to realign the spine and improve a patient’s overall physical functioning.
- Manual traction – can help reduce the pain and symptoms associated with degenerative disc disease, and herniated discs.
- Myofascial release – treats chronic pain by gently applying sustained pressure to the myofascial connective tissue.
- Hot and cold therapy – cold therapy to decrease swelling and hot therapy to help muscles relax.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) – this treatment assists in preventing the muscle deterioration caused by musculoskeletal injuries that affect specific muscles.
- Exercises concentrating on specific parts of the body – designed to address injuries to the neck, back, shoulder and knee, etc.
- Resistance and core strengthening exercises – builds muscle.
- Therapeutic ultrasound – helps to relieve spasming muscles, tight joints and pain.
At-Home Physical Therapy Exercise Routines for Individuals in Miami
The majority of patients receive an at-home physical therapy routine to follow. This allows patients to continue to recover with physical therapy techniques in the privacy of their own homes.
Quality of Life and Chronic Pain
Our quality of life is greatly affected by our ability to move without pain. Without the ability to move pain-free, working, pursuing dreams, parenting and living a healthy lifestyle are nearly impossible. Besides making daily activities difficult, the American Psychological Association states that chronic pain can cause other health problems, such as diabetes, anxiety, high blood pressure, heart disease and even depression.
Contact our Miami Physical Therapy Center
If you have sustained injuries due to an automobile accident, a slip and fall, at work or while participating in any other activity, contact Icon Medical Centers in Miami. In addition, if you have a chronic medical condition that affects your mobility, we are here to help. Call our Miami office today to schedule a consultation with one of our physicians or a Miami physical therapist. We’ll assess your situation, create a plan to meet your needs and get you started on the road to recovery right away.