The bonus of finding a specific osteopathic doctor in Miami is that this doctor will be a specialist in possible injuries relating to a car accident and will be able to give you special treatment and diagnostics to ensure you recover as soon as possible.
Less Common Injuries
There are a number of common injuries that victims of car accidents are likely to suffer from, such as musculoskeletal injuries, whiplash, or muscle and ligament strains and sprains. Many of these injuries can be treated at an auto accident chiropractor near you.
One of the less common injuries you may suffer as a result of a car accident is an injury to your chest area. At this point, it is vital to point out that if you are suffering a shortness of breath or severe chest pains, you MUST get to the emergency room or call 911 immediately. Heart health is important for everyone and must not be ignored.
Chest Pain Injuries
There are many injuries that may cause chest pains, injuries such as fractured ribs, muscle strains, bruised ribs, injuries to internal organs, sternum injuries, and more. Any of these injuries can be mild, or they may be severe, but you must get it checked out.
Florida state law states that you must be seen by a doctor within 14 days of your accident to qualify for insurance reimbursement. Many insurance companies will look negatively on people who have waited a long time to get seen by a doctor as they may assume that your injuries were not that bad.
However, it’s a common misconception that chest pain will always be severe. As with any injury after a car accident, it’s likely you will have some acute pain straight after the incident, but many injuries present themselves hours or even days after the accident.
Lingering pain, sometimes described as a ‘dull ache’, is definitely one of these types of pains, and if left untreated, this lingering pain can become worse and even life-altering — especially if there is a more serious underlying issue that is missed or the treatment for it is delayed.
For this reason, it’s important that you visit a car accident injury clinic if you feel dull aches in your chest. Icon Medical Centers, an accident clinic in Miami near Miami Springs, is staffed with a team of professional medical experts that can diagnose the source of your chest pain and help relieve it. As an accident therapy clinic, Icon Medical is your choice if you need an accident chiropractor in Miami near Miami Springs.
Reasons for Chest Pain After a Car Accident
- Fractured ribs – Fractured ribs are very painful and many people describe it like being kicked in the ribs, followed by a sharp shooting pain when they breathe. Fractured ribs are usually caused by a sudden restriction in movement by the seatbelt or if you hit the steering wheel during the accident.
- Bruised ribs – Slightly less painful than fractured ribs and certainly quicker to heal, bruised ribs can range from simple light bruises to full bone bruising that will cause the patient serious injury. This pain is often described as a dull ache made worse with movement.
- Muscle Strains – Muscle strains are usually caused when the body moves in an unexpected direction very sharply. As a natural body reaction, the muscles will tense up, but this can cause strains. This type of pain is also described as a dull ache and will be more painful when you move around.
- Internal Organ Injury – Thankfully, this isn’t such a common injury to miss in the first few days and is more likely to be associated with serious injuries that the doctor in an emergency room will pick up. One serious worry here though is the concern about a heart attack. If the heart is injured during an accident, it may increase the risk of a heart attack further down the line. It’s important to get this checked out immediately after the accident.
- Sternum Injuries – Sternum injuries can present in many different ways including a sharp stabbing pain when moving, bad pain when coughing, laughing, or sneezing, a low-level constant pain or discomfort, pain when the chest is touched or when pressure is put on the chest, or a continuous dull ache.
What to Do After an Accident
If you are unlucky enough to be involved in a car accident, it’s important that you assess your injuries at the time. If they severe enough to go to the emergency room or to call 911, it’s vital that you do this.
If your injuries don’t at first seem to be serious to you, then you must book an appointment at a car accident clinic near you as soon as possible to go through your treatment options. If you live in or near Miami Springs, Miami accident clinic Icon Medical Centers has you covered. Our team of accident chiropractic professionals can evaluate your injuries and recommend a treatment plan that will help relieve any pain you may feel.
Being involved in a car accident is an absolute nightmare for many people. Although you are statistically likely to have at least one accident before you are 34, we hope that no one will be involved in an accident. But realistically, we must prepare for people who are.
If you are involved in a car accident, you may be surprised to learn that your primary care physician will not usually treat your injuries. You will need to find an auto injury doctor near Miami Springs who will be able to treat these injuries for you instead.
The bonus of finding a specific osteopathic doctor in Miami is that this doctor will be a specialist in possible injuries relating to a car accident and will be able to give you special treatment and diagnostics to ensure you recover as soon as possible
In the US, a surprising amount of the population is living with chronic back pain, and it is estimated that Americans will be involved in at least two car accidents by the time they are 34. While these statistics might not be causally related, the physical trauma caused by both can be helped. Visiting an
While no one ever wants to get into a car accident, most are minor with very few to no injuries. But there are always going to be more severe ones that may result in fatalities. In between these minor and major accidents are those which result in seemingly inconsequential joint and back pain that turns
Having tummy tuck surgery can be a fantastic confidence booster for many patients. We have seen many people in our clinics who have worked hard to lose weight and get themselves into better shape, but they have been left disappointed with excess skin. A tummy tuck can really help to solve that. The problem, however,