The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Did you know that low back pain is the most common condition treated by chiropractors? Most people tend to look for more traditional options, such as seeking consultation from an orthopedic physician or simply resorting to medication for pain relief. It turns out that visiting a chiropractor sooner rather than later can have great benefits. Receiving chiropractic treatment in the early stages of back pain may help you from having to take excessive medication, avoid surgical intervention, prevent worsening of the condition, and recover from injury more quickly. If you or someone you know is suffering from acute or chronic back pain, chiropractic care should be considered as a first-line treatment for back pain.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Chiropractic treatment focuses on spinal alignment by manual manipulation. Reduced range of motion, diminished organ function, and pain are only some of the symptoms that may surface from misalignment of the spinal cord. Subluxation, or the realignment of the vertebrae that have moved from their designated places, reduces pressure on any nerves that may be compressed between them. Chiropractic manipulation will provide your spine with the space it needs between each vertebra to bend without pain and to provide the area with the sufficient blood flow for quicker healing.
There is a wide variety of specific spinal manipulation techniques that may be used by a chiropractor. Typically, chiropractic physicians use a combination of techniques that are specific for the patient’s condition. Some examples of chiropractic techniques include:
- Direct thrust technique: this is a hands-on approach, which involves a chiropractor applying force to realign the spine and restore movement.
- Flexion-distraction technique: this technique involves the use of a special table that gently stretches and flexes the spine, which helps to widen the space and re-position the cushioning between each vertebra.
- Functional technique: a technique in which the chiropractor applies pressure to a joint that is tight until a release is felt.
- Activator technique: this technique is typically used for those who do not wish to receive manual manipulation and involves a hand-held instrument that generates a quick and light thrust.
- Articulatory technique: is a gentle technique that involves the chiropractor manually moving the joints through their range of motion to increase mobility.
Back Pain Doctors in Miami
Chiropractors focus on restoring the body to its full potential. This means that chiropractors treat your back pain while keeping a firm attention on increasing your functionality in your daily activities. Chiropractic treatment will not only relieve back pain, but it will also teach you how to prevent further discomfort in the future. If you are interested in receiving chiropractic care because you are suffering from back pain or are interested in the long-term benefits, contact us at Icon Medical Centers.