Benefits of Osteopathic Medicine and Chiropractic Care
Osteopathic doctors can help you diagnose and treat a large range of conditions with an intricate understanding of how the body’s systems interconnect. Utilizing a combination of Chiropractic care helps to realign the spine and joints to provide relief of compression on the spinal nerves. This further helps to promote health by allowing the spinal cord to communicate without disruption to the rest of the body.
When the vertebrae of the spine are properly aligned, the muscles and ligaments can stretch and move as they were intended to.
Decrease the Need for Surgical Intervention
Chiropractic care is a holistic approach for dealing with common ailments, such as joint pain, neck pain, headaches and low back pain.
Can Lower High Blood Pressure
Following a spinal adjustment, the flow of blood to the heart increases. Therefore, the heart does not work as hard to supply the rest of the body with the blood it needs.
Once our doctors identifies a patient’s ailment, a wellness plan is created. The wellness plan the chiropractor creates is designed to manage an individual’s pain.
We are Nationally Accredited
by The Joint Commission ®
You can expect the highest standards and quality of care when you visit our accident clinics in Miami or Hollywood, FL
Schedule today with a licensed doctor near Miami and Hollywood. Click the button below!
Let's Get Started!
Learn More About Osteopathic Treatment for Your Health
Osteopathic manipulative treatment or OMT, is a form of manual treatment provided by a physician to diagnose and treat an injury. A physician of osteopathic medicine gently moves the muscles and joints to minimize pain, increase mobility, and induce the body’s natural healing processes. Osteopathic physician are experts in the relationship of the body’s systems, including the bones, muscles, and nerves.
OMT is provided by an osteopathic physician, which is very similar to a medical doctor. However, osteopathic physicians are known for their emphasis on more natural and alternative forms of medicine. For those who do not like to take too many pills and medication, an osteopathic physician may be the right choice for you.
- Allopathic physicians hold a Doctor of Medicine Degree and are referred to as MDs. Osteopathic physicians hold a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree and are referred to as DOs.
- Only DOs are trained in the art of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM), which encompasses a “whole body” approach to medicine. It demands extensive knowledge of the neuromusculoskeletal system for DOs to diagnose, treat, and prevent ailments using their hands. OMT may reduce your need for pain medications and even surgery.
- Generally, medical students that enter MD and DO schools have received a four-year bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on scientific coursework.
- Both MDs and DOs are required to complete four years of medical school.
- Following medical school, both MDs and DOs receive graduate medical education via internships, fellowships, and residencies. This training lasts from 3-8 years and is designed to prepare MDs and DOs to practice in a particular area of medicine.
- MDs and DOs are both licensed to perform surgical procedures and prescribe medications.
- Both MDs and DOs can decide to practice in any field of medicine including surgery, sports medicine, neurology, and primary care.
- In order to obtain state licenses, both MDs and DOs are required to pass similar national board examinations.
- Both MDs and DOs are medical doctors and practice in licensed and accredited healthcare facilities.
Both chiropractic and osteopathic physicians emphasize on natural treatment in a “whole body” perspective. However, chiropractors differ from osteopathic physicians in that they are specialists in spinal manipulation and nervous system health. On the other hand, osteopathic physicians are specialists in the musculoskeletal system, including the muscles, nerves, and bones.
Chiropractic care helps to realign the spine and joints to provide relief of compression on the spinal nerves. This further helps to promote health by allowing the spinal cord to communicate without disruption to the rest of the body.
Osteopathic doctors can diagnose and treat a large range of conditions with an intricate understanding of how the body’s systems interconnect and affect one another. DOs can often replace drugs or surgery with alternative methods of healing, which many patients appreciate.
For over a century, osteopathic physicians have provided health care in underserved regions of the country. While MDs and DOs share many philosophies, osteopathic physicians offer a distinct philosophy of patient care. The unique skills offered by osteopathic physicians bring another dimension to the field of health care.
DOs remain at the cutting edge of medicine. They use their expertise in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine along with medical technology to give patients a whole body experience.
Dr. Jesse Hatgis is an osteopathic physician (DO) who specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Icon Medical Centers in Miami, Florida. Dr. Hatgis is dedicated to helping his patients improve their overall health and lifestyle. He performs Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine as well as various interventional techniques to diagnose and treat his patients. If you are looking for a physician who will provide you with an exceptional medical experience, contact Dr. Jesse Hatgis today.
At Icon Medical centers, we offer:
- Osteopathic treatment for herniated disc
- Osteopathic treatment for knee pain
- Osteopathic treatment for headaches and tension type headaches
- Osteopathic treatment for low back pain
- Osteopathic treatment for osteoarthritis
- Osteopathic treatment for neck pain
- Osteopathic treatment for muscle tensions
To find out if osteopathic manipulative treatment is right for you, contact our Miami accident clinic today. If you have any questions regarding the cost of osteopathic treatment, please do not hesitate to call us. We are eagerly waiting for your call and are happy to assist you.